Tuesday, May 10, 2016

If this is your first time here, READ THIS FIRST!!!

Hi,

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to this brand spanking new blog, Funny Book Funnies!

So what is this blog about, exactly?

Well, I'll be uploading scans of various comic book stories and making fun of them!

There's plenty of material to draw from in the 80+ years of the existence of the American comic book!

I might even pull from material published from abroad.  You never can tell!

This blog will be similar to the Stupid Comics site!  If you're unfamiliar with that site, you can find it HERE!

The only difference is that you'll be able to post comments!

BTW, I should warn you, that I tend to be very politically incorrect!  So if you offend easily, I suggest you leave this site immediately and head to your safe space!

For the rest of you, I hope you'll enjoy my future posts and subscribe to this blog!  Invite your family and/or friends, too!

I will try to post at least once a week!  And maybe, I'll be open to a submission by one of you loyal readers!

Anyway, I'm glad you're here and hope you'll stick around for the ride!

Excelsior!

Alan

2 comments:

  1. Alan,

    Thanks for posting the link to your blog on Mr. Kitty's "Stupid Comics". I've been thoroughly enjoying every entry of yours. See, I used to have several of the Richie Rich comics that you posted, and, even though I gave them away way back in 1977, I still remember a lot of the stories.

    Also love the Archie comics from that time period (about 1970-1973). Looking forwards to more of your snark about the comics that defined my childhood.

    Do you have that Archie issue that's a cross between "Gone With the Wind" and "Kentucky Fried Chicken"? I'd love to see what you have to say about it. If you don't have it, I can send along a few scans. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ze Mastor. Sorry it took so long to reply! I'm just now discovering your comment!

      I'm glad you enjoy my blog! I don't post as often as Mr. Kitty, but I do the best I can.

      The Archie story you mentioned does sound familiar. I might have read it in a digest I owned some years ago. Please feel free to send scans of it. I'll likely include it in a future post. My email is AWright579@gmail.com

      Delete